Healing and prayer room M-Sa 10-12 Pst

Sunday, May 8, 2011

My wake up call-placing my health back into top priority

I finally had the wake up call.

For the last year and a half  I felt the Lord tell me to not do make-up until the time was right.  It was not a great struggle as I haven't made a habit of it for quite a while.   This morning I believe He said to start again.  That was the first wake up call.

The second was due to my procedure this past Thursday.  I am changing my eating lifestyle back to vegetarian and throughout the day I had been feeling more and more to follow Jethro Kloss's "Back to Eden" book for devo and learning how to obtain a healthier lifestyle. And I'm thinking of adding in the Daniel Fast Cookbook by Grace Bass and Lynda Anderson, a vegan cookbook and working with the two primarily.   I'm seem to always have some sort of challenge going on in my life. 

I set a goal of working toward losing 10 pounds a month for the next couple of months.  Looking at the "comfortable" wardrobe of jeans, t-shirt and sweats kind of showed me that I was in need of a change. 

Some of why I've been living this lifestyle is due to the career I have being an in home caregiver.  You get used to seeing just one or two people a day outside of family and then develop a who cares attitude as you get more relaxed in the work environment.  For the past four years I've been wearing sweats or jeans and t-shirts as primarily I was working nights for about three of the four years and sleeping during the day.   Not that it was that great of an excuse.

Other changes are taking place and not knowing where this leg of my journey is taking me, its best to put my health first at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment