Healing and prayer room M-Sa 10-12 Pst

Friday, May 6, 2011

It wasn't about the procedure.....

Yesterday, I had my first colonoscopy. 

About a couple of months ago, I was having severe stomach and constipation issues and a consistent sore throat.  This went on for several weeks and I reluctantly went to the doctors office.

While there being examined it was determined that they would do a  Hypolori Breath test to see if it was a virus.  While waiting for the test to be completed I was able to share with a lab tech who almost a year ago had to deal with the death of her husband in one of the worst accidents that our area has ever had.  There were things that I can't share that took place, but I knew that I was "on assignment" to bring Heaven to her.   The test turned out to be negative for the virus.

The issues subsided for about a week before I went in for my pre op appointment with the doctor. We scheduled the procedure for the next month,  

I went back and forth on whether to continue as I knew part of why I was feeling like this was because I'd gone off my vegetarian lifestyle from the pervious year.  I had started out this year to do it again and I'm not sure why I quit in early January.  

I still kept getting the feeling that it wasn't so much about the procedure as it was about leaning on Him and doing what He called me to do.  I know that's a really hard concept to grasp when you think of the cost of going through something like this, but when you do what He has called you to do He will take care of the cost.   That is was Proverbs 3:5-6 is about "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path."  

So Wednesday as I did the prep work at home, I was able to spend time praying and preparing for the next day for the work He was calling me to do.

Thursday morning, we arrived at the hospital at 8:30 and I was taken into short stay unit while I sent Dale out to go get a mop at Walmart. (Its cheaper to shop in Cresent City Walmart then Brookings Fred Meyer even with the sales tax.  Enough said).  I went into the room to get ready and talked with the volunteer about what I do with SoDAG ( During my interview I had talked with a lady about what I did in Uganda and SoDag and she is gather supplies for me).  She in turn shared about the prayer shawl ministry she is involved in at her church that is so dear to me also.   Later a friend that is one of the nurses took me on to my procedure and when it was over it was discovered that I do have Diverticulosis, which primarily means I need to each high fiber foods and more fluids.  So back to being a Vegetarian!

All I heard during this time was God saying "It's not about the procedure".  It was about sharing Him, bringing heaven to those that need it.  God is so gracious to us in His plan and we are the ones that like to complicate it.  We worry about the cost of everything, not realizing that the situation goes beyond the procedure to the hands and hearts of the ones that are taking care of you.  That's what God cares about.  He'll take care of the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment