Healing and prayer room M-Sa 10-12 Pst

Monday, January 3, 2011

My study for today

Reading today on several topics in Gen 9-12 showed some things that I know I'll have questions later :).

Even after the flood, evil found its way back into the world with Nimrod who was an enemy of God, to the tower of Babel where pride was more evident than a relationship with the Creator. Also, God states that any moving thing that lives He gave as food. All things including green herbs. However no flesh that has life and blood flowing.

I take the last part to mainly mean that which has a soul, a place to decided between right and wrong, free will. God even put a demand on the taking of a life of another human being.

"Surely for your lifeblood I will demand a reckoning,
from the hand of every beast I will require it and from
the hand of man. From the hand of every man's brother
I will require the life of man. Whoever sheds man's blood,
by man his blood shall be shed; For in the image of God He
made man." Gen 9:5-6

We are not to take the life of any human being, whether they be walking the earth or in a mother's womb. Both are living breathing human beings with rights to live freely, created by the one True God.


From studies I've done, cites were named after people so I think that is the same for Canaan who is now a servant to the decendants of Shem and Japheth. It happened when Ham, Canaan's father saw Noah naked, and didn't take care of the situation properly. Now the land that was named for Canaan was a servant to other nations that surrounded the land. In Canaan is also Sodom and Gomorrah.

After reading in Chapter 12 that Abram departed to go to the land of Canaan to live, I wondered why since this is the land that God would give His decendants when it is also the same land that is a servant to the land that surrounds it?

But, when you look at the Gospel story, doesn't this depict the same? Christ came as a servant to those around Him, those His Father created, willing to die on the Cross for us, making Him the Kinsmen Redeemer, the one who was able to pay the price for our sins.

Pondering some of these thoughts as I go through the rest of my day. I know as I go further into God's word, I will find the answer.

This is the third year that I've started reading the Bible through in a year. Each year it is different when I read it. Its the same words, and for the most part the same translation. Sometimes I will get out my Strongs Concordance and take a phrase down to the Hebrew or Greek reference to study it further. At this point and time, I've decided to just read it as it is written. No indepth study as of yet as I've seen in the past how something will fit in to what I read just a week before in another chapter.

I am still going to do an indepth study on the word "seed". I tried to start one a few weeks ago, but other events came into play and I didn't get to it like I wanted to.

Something that I was thinking about earlier today and decided it was a good way to think on circumstances in our lives:

I'd rather kick myself for doing something I wanted to do whether it was right or wrong, rather then kicking myself for not doing anything at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment