Healing and prayer room M-Sa 10-12 Pst

Monday, March 15, 2010

Prayerwalking is good for the soul

About five years ago when I was starting another 50 day journey, God told me to walk the streets of my town for the next 50 days.

First thought I had was that I needed rain gear as fifty days without rain is pretty much unheard of in the fall season. Although Indian summer hangs on until late November, it still does get rather chilly for a walk.

I was working at a local toy store and a couple of other places at the time so the prayerwalking fit in with my schedule of walking to work in the mornings and having my hubby pick me up when I got off work, which was usually a half hour after I was done and so I would prayerwalk the port.

I did go through most of the streets during the fifty days and also through out the year prayerwalked our churches in the area.

As I started this project of praying over homes that I was walking through God showed me several things to pray for. In my neighborhood there were four drug homes. There were also homes that were in bad decay and needed much repair. My neighborhood was prayed over beyond the fifty days. In that time frame three of the drug homes were gone and the people moved to other areas. ( The fourth disbanned early last year).

Homes on our area that were in decay were getting new face lifts and new homes were put on the lots where the homes were falling apart and beyond repair.

But I know that God was working inside the hearts of those in the homes and that was what He was more concerned about.

There were businesses on the main Hwy that I prayed over, walked the parking lots including a motel where I was asked to leave as I was making the owner nervous. Granted having a woman walking around the parking does tend to make people nervous and I understood that and left.

Months later he was arrested for drug manufactoring.

One day I was walking the neighborhood where our library sits. I went to work later that day, and a pastor came into the toy store and knowing I am a believer told me that he had just left the library where he was able to obtain one of the rooms for a church service!

Yes I know I am a bit quirky at times and people do look at me funny when I do something because God told me to. But as a friend pointed out a few weeks ago at a prayer time, "I knew it wasn't Satan telling me to come to church late!".

So this was on my mind today as I was thinking about our church's 21 day fast between now and Easter. As I was trying to think of what to add to the fast I'm already on I realized I have a large list already of things I need to take out of my life if not for 21 days, for the rest of my life.

So, I'll be out and about again for the next 21 days.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment